Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Feb. 1-2, 2010

I missed my run on Monday due to a cold & general malaise. Besides that, it rained from 6 AM to 4 PM. I didn't feel well and I pretty much collasped from fatigue after we went to the boys' piano lesson.

I can't taste anything due to my cold but I keep eating. It's emotional eating and I've gained two pounds from snacking on junk. Yuck.

Last night I found a 20 minute strength training video and I did that. I'm reading a very good book by Jeff & Barbara Galloway called Running and Fat Burning for Women. Galloway explains that if you walk for 45 minutes or longer that's when you really start to burn fat. I believe it! This summer I walked for one hour a day from May to September and my body completely changed. I never knew one's arms could get so toned from simply walking. I'm going to start walking more on my non-running days.

This morning I walked for one hour. For the next 2 1/2 hours I chopped down a massive plant jungle on the side of our house. There were so many leaves that they filled up our practically empty dumpster 2/3 of the way. Our boys and daughter helped me carry all the leaves to the dumpster. My right thigh is a little store. It was a good workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment