Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Week Three Day Two

Yesterday I did a lot of errands. I walked so much that my feet started to hurt. My walking shoes are ancient. I have contrary big wide feet and I avoid shopping for shoes as much as possible. I'm going to have to buy some soon though. I need some decent walking shoes.
After today's run I started to have some shin pain. I haven't had that for about two months. I'm sure it's related to the bad walking shoes. It's bad enough that I caved in and took two Tylenol.
I ran 4:1 intervals today instead of 3:1 intervals. That was a mistake. I have no idea how much walking I did yesterday but by the end of the day I could barely walk due to extreme pain in my right foot. I felt fine when I woke up so I thought I could handle 4:1 intervals.
I will make this an easy week. Friday I will redeem myself by being kind to my body. I will do 3:1 intervals. I am only going to run one mile. I will walk for the remainder of my exercise time.
Next Saturday is race day so I think I will do a long run of four miles with 3:1 intervals on Monday.
Wednesday I will do a 30 minute run of 3:1 intervals. Then, I will take off Friday and drink 6 oz of water every hour.
That's the plan...

No comments:

Post a Comment