Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Galloway Week Two Day Two

Yesterday I mailed our registration forms for our next 5K. The funds will help to take care of children in an African orphanage.
Today I got off work at 0730. I ran some errands then slept from 1100 to 1500. I rested until 1600. I prepped for my run. My prep includes one cup of green tea 30 minutes to one hour before my run plus two puffs of my bronchodilator 1/2 hour before my run. The green tea has caffeine which helps to dilate the bronchioles in my lungs. Popular thought claims that green tea helps to increase metabolism of fat too. Mu ha ha!
My 10 y/o son ran with me for 15 minutes. We did 3:1 run/walk intervals.
After approximately 27 minutes of running I picked up the pace and ran very quickly. I felt like an airplane about to take off. :)
After one to two minutes of picking up the pace, I felt a little wheezy. I tried a tip I read from a member on http://www.sparkspeople.com/. I cupped one hand around my mouth and nose and breathed in the warm humid air. It seemed to help.
My next scheduled running day is on Christmas. I think I will run as scheduled. If not, I will delay my next run until the day after Christmas.
I was surprised to learn that after weeks of being stuck at 132 lbs. I am down to 130 lbs. It's funny because last week I decreased my running by 30% and I had about 1,000 calories of buttered popcorn and Coke at the movies on Thursday.

3 comments:

  1. I am so inspired by you Karen. If I had cool temperature only in the 50s I'd be out working on the couch 25K myself. As it is, I'll be waiting until Spring. There are three Wintertime 5Ks in Reading, all called "Shiver by the River". That should speak volumes and explain my decision to wait!

    You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbaranne, it would be cool if you were still here. We could take a long run together and stop by Pizzatime afterward.
    I'm not sure I could run outside in your weather either. My lungs might shut down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By now I think I'd need Jimmy's bike to keep up with you girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete