Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Today was my long day. I was supposed to run eight miles. I was so proud of myself for getting up early enough to use my bronchodilator, have my cup of green tea, and head out on the road at 6:54 AM.
In the afternoon my sons asked me how many laps equaled the eight miles I ran. I hesitated and was taken aback. I realized that I had only ran 14 laps. Each lap is 1/2 mile and I was lacking two laps. I'd gotten mixed up with my run from last week which was 7 miles:14 laps.
Our 10 y/o hadn't gone out for his run yet so I told him to lace up and I would finish my run with him.
My error worked out for my good. My hips were stiff and the afternoon run tremendously loosened them up. In fact I think I will always save my last two laps on my long days for the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment