Saturday, March 6, 2010

Friday, March 5, 2010

Today I ran my two scheduled miles. My pace was 17 1/2 minutes. I ran without walking and was full of energy the entire day. Jimmy wasn't able to run today. He told me his knee was hurting. On that note I went to the LRS to pick up his new shoes that I'd ordered. They look very cool. I will post a photo of them when I get a chance.
Jackie, the associate at the store is very kind. She's 20 years old and she has been running since she was 14. Jackie says she wishes that she had started at 10 like Jimmy. I thought that was a little funny. I guess I don't see much difference in four years. Now, of course, I wish I had started at 10 or 14 or 20 or even 30 years of age. Ha!
I reviewed my running schedule with Jackie and asked her how she thought I should plan my runs the week before the race. She is a very humble young lady and hesitantly gave me her opinion. I loved her suggestion. She suggested that what some do is to run one mile on my first running day of that week, two miles on the next run and then reserve the next run for race day. I think that makes sense and hadn't thought of it. She pointed out that everyone is different and that I should make a note of whatever schedule I decide to follow. If the schedule works out well she suggested that I follow the same schedule before my next race.
I bought some fun stickers that I'm going to stick outside our van. I'm going to put one next to our daughter's seat which reads, I Love Swimming. The one that I am going to place near our 10 y/o's seat reads, I Love Running. The one near my seat has a girl running and reads, Runner Girl. If there had been an appropriate sticker for our eight year old's seat it would have read, I Love Baseball. First, I need to clean the dirty van windows. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment