Tuesday, October 5, 2010

October 5, 2010, 7 A. M.

Last week I spied a fellow at the gym with great running form and he runs fast! I asked him if I could talk to him before he left. I found out that he runs at a 9 or 10 m.p.h on the treadmill. He runs for fitness for about an hour. His name is Vinnie. He is 43 and has been running for 20 years.

I asked Vinnie his advice on how I could better prepare for a Turkey Trot 5K after coming back from an injury. I'm finding it difficult to prepare for that along with strength training, homeschooling, cooking, washing laundry, and working part time. :) He suggested that I run after or before my sessions with Ildi at the minimum.

I decided that I will add some cross training as well to increase my endurance. So today I did 30 minutes on the elliptical. I haven't been on the elliptical for a while so I stayed at level one and two throughout the half hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment