Thursday, May 31, 2012

A Run on Behalf of a Headache


This is that special time of the month for me and at 6:30 PM I felt as if my head might explode. Initially, I thought I had a sinus headache. I took some Sudafed which didn't help at all. Next, I took a pain reliever for women. That didn't help either. I thought, "Hmmm, let's see if a short run might help," as I always feel better after cardiovascular activities.
I headed out for a short one mile run in a light drizzling rain. Bekah rode her bicycle while I ran. She warned me of all oncoming cars as well as the cars behind us. What a sweetie, my girl.
When I returned, my husband asked how my head was and my reply was, "What head?" I felt so much better!
I was so pleased too that although my chest hurt a bit from the humidity I was still able to comfortably finish the run. In the past, I've always needed to use albuterol, especially in rainy weather. Thanks again for allowing my lungs to improve, Lord.
After the run, I raced Bruce in a 100  yard sprint. He was hanging right with me for about 80 yards. If he ran regularly, he would have taken me. His legs are only about four inches shorter than mine. Fun times!

No comments:

Post a Comment