Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Recovery

I spoke to Jonathan Roche today and last week from www.noexcusesworkouts.com. Roche is a certified personal training and he hosts No Excuses Workouts on blog talk radio every Wednesday. Last week he advised me that I needed to have a non exercise week. I didn't get it. Today the side of my inner leg hurt a lot during and after a 30 minute walk. After talking to him today I get it. Roche said that 30 minutes was too long. Next time I walk Roche suggested five minutes of walking and to add one minute per workout to that. I admit I was stunned. Roche believes that if I do not follow this advice my body will not recover and we will be having the same conversation in June & August.

2 comments:

  1. I'm having a non-workout week. All it takes is continuous fever, muscular aches and pains all over, and patches of rash popping up and growing. No working out- no question.

    I never thought I'd say this, but, I MISS RUNNING TOO!!!

    sniff. God is good- all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. I learned to bake my own bread while I was having one of three miscarriages two years ago. Weird. I was in a lot of pain. I'd always wanted to learn how to bake my own bread and learning something new helped to take the sadness away. I have only purchased maybe five loafs of bread since then.

    ReplyDelete